Stevenage, UK (On-Site)
Complement Therapeutics (CTx) is an exciting early-stage biotechnology company focused on the research and development of novel therapeutics for complement-mediated diseases. The Company is a spinout from the University of Manchester and is based on the pioneering research of its founders into novel targets within the complement cascade.
Our lead investigational product (CTx001) is being evaluated as a potential gene therapy for dry age-related macular degeneration/geographic atrophy, a leading cause of blindness. Additional programmes will evaluate potential therapeutic opportunities in other complement-mediated conditions.
The Company is also developing a unique quantification methodology, the Complement Precision Medicine (CPM) platform, to enable the quantification of over 30 complement cascade proteins enabling more precise diagnosis and monitoring of disease.
The successful candidate will join a growing laboratory-based team and have ownership for the development, qualification and running of a variety of analytical assays to support discovery and development of our pipeline products. Working closely with the senior management team, there will be ample opportunity to input into the preclinical development strategy for pipeline programs and quickly grow with the organisation.
- Design, develop and implement a variety of nucleic acid and/or protein detection and quantification assays to support our lead and other preclinical pipeline programs
- Record, analyse and communicate experimental findings in line with company policies and present results internally and to external stakeholders
- Transfer of analytical assays to CROs/CDMOs and provide support in troubleshooting
- Maintenance of excellent laboratory records assuring data integrity and traceability
- General laboratory upkeep and procurement
- Extensive technical knowledge and hands-on experience in developing, qualifying (at minimum determining LOD/LOQ and working range) and running analytical assays for either DNA/RNA or protein detection is essential. Examples of relevant methods include;
- Digital droplet PCR, qPCR and RT-qPCR
- Western blotting
- Immunoassays (ELISA/MSD)
- Cell based infectivity/potency assays
- Expertise in and experience with aseptic mammalian cell culture is highly desirable
- Experience in the application of Design of Experiments approach towards analytical development is highly desirable
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams towards the development of gene therapies or biotherapeutics would be advantageous
- Excellent organisational skills with a strong focus on attention to detail
- Excellent planning, reporting and communication skills, both written and oral
- Comfortable operating autonomously once goals and objectives are set
- Ability to work well under pressure and to be able to take the initiative when completing tasks
- Keeps up to date with professional knowledge, expertise and best practice
- Proven ability to engage constructively with colleagues at all levels and external stakeholders/collaborators to deliver objectives
- A self-starter, self-motivated individual who is adept at working in fast-paced environments
- PhD; BSc/MSc with 4+ years of industry experience
Please fill in this form (https://bit.ly/3FFr2az). You must also include a cover letter detailing why you are interested in joining an early-stage biotech and then Complement Therapeutics in particular. Your cover letter should be no more than one page of A4