Stevenage, UK (On-Site)
Complement Therapeutics (CTx) is an exciting early-stage biotechnology company focused on the research and development of novel therapeutics for complement-mediated diseases. The Company is a spinout from the University of Manchester and is based on the pioneering research of its founders into novel targets within the complement cascade.
Our lead investigational product (CTx001) is being evaluated as a potential gene therapy for dry age-related macular degeneration/geographic atrophy, a leading cause of blindness. Additional programmes will evaluate potential therapeutic opportunities in other complement-mediated conditions.
The Company is also developing a unique quantification methodology, the Complement Precision Medicine (CPM) platform, to enable the quantification of over 30 complement cascade proteins enabling more precise diagnosis and monitoring of disease.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Company in a pivotal strategic role to drive the non-clinical development of our novel pipeline.
This laboratory-based role will be responsible for assisting in establishing an integrated pharmacology strategy in support of preclinical and clinical development pipeline programs.
Key responsibilities and learning opportunities
- Assay method development and sample analysis to support preclinical pipeline programs
- Data analysis and presentation
- Maintenance of laboratory records
- General lab upkeep and procurement
Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD with completed post-doc; PhD without post-doc and 3+ years of industry experience; BSc/MSc level candidates with 7+ years of industry experience
- Experience with Western blotting, immunoassay platforms (ELISA/MSD), qPCR/RT-qPCR, mammalian cell culture, flow cytometry and fluorescent microscopy
- Project and people management
- Cross functional experience in clinical development programs
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, both written and oral
- A self-starter, self-motivated individual who is adept at working in fast-paced environments
Please fill in this form (https://bit.ly/3mdCjYY). You must also include a cover letter detailing why you are interested in joining an early-stage biotech and then Complement Therapeutics in particular. Your cover letter should be no more than one page of A4